“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
The AGM is scheduled for 11;30am 0n Friday, 31st March at Club Sapphire, Merimbula. The main business is electing members of the Management Team for the coming year, but also to hear reports on the year just passed and to ask questions.
You will soon receive an information package which includes the agenda, proxy and nomination forms, and further information.
Nominations must be in writing, signed by two other members, and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate. They must be delivered to the Secretary at least seven days before the AGM and state the position you are nominating for.
Course Leader Vacancies
• Program Team - supporting all of our course leaders, maintaining the MyU3A database of courses, identifying new course and one-off opportunities and supporting new course leaders to set up and advertise their courses. We provide training- just basic IT skills needed.
• Newsletter Team - We are looking for someone with access to Microsoft Publisher to assist as a producer on our team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can assist.
• New Course and One-Off Leaders - We really need to build our program offerings to keep our members engaged and to attract new members. Any skills, interests - whether professional or hobby - are potential courses or one-offs, and we'll provide as much support as the potential leader needs.
• One-Off or Workshop Leaders Bermagui U3A
Whether you are a current or former U3ASC presenter, we would be most appreciative if you are prepared to reprise your one-off for Bermagui U3A, as part of a reciprocal arrangement.
• Two of our most popular courses are currently not operating due to their Course Leaders moving away from the area. These courses are Critiquing Cinema and the Computer Group.
If you would like to see these Courses continue, and would be prepared to give the Course Leader position a go, please contact the Program Team Leader:
Sue O’Loughlin, at email@example.com OR 0439 809 237.
Enrolling in U3ASC Courses
The details of all courses and one-off events are published on the U3ASC website before the start of each new school year, with an update prior to the commencement of each new school term. New activities can also be published as and when they are arranged, so I recommend that you keep a regular check on our website.
Program details can be found by selecting the Courses tab.
U3A Centre Office Hours
U3ASC Office is open every Friday afternoon except public holidays and school holidays.
Our hours are: 1:30 to 3:30 pm
Admin/Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEMPORARY RELOCATION OF U3ASC OFFICE
The Friday afternoon Office session will be conducted at the Tura Beach Centre - Main Room (entry via back door), until further notice.